u plan-etary magic

plan-etary magic

crumbs, pieces, loaves.... perhaps perhaps

Name:
Location: Singapore

6th December 2006

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

If i could metaphorise everything.....

high expectations would be the clouds, and low expectations be the dirt on the ground. The sun would be Him, and space would be the limits of our imagination.... e flowers would be the little blessings that bloom every spring. e sea would be the sorrows... and all the deep dark mysteries it would hold. te animals would e different character traits that exists, in all shapes, sizes, some of which have gone extinct. the grass would be love, abundant in some areas yet missing in others, while man's ideas would be symbolised by our cities and how we've continually destroyed what we live in.

and those are some thoughts out of a chapter in my mind today.

If God has made your cup sweet, drink it with grace. If He has made it bitter, drink it in communion with Him. If the providential order of God for you is a hard time of difficulty, go through with it but never choose the scene of your martyrdom. God chose the crucible for Abraham and Abraham made no demur; he went steadily through. If you are not living in touch with Him; it is easy to pass a crude verdict on God. You must go through the crucible before you have any right to pronounce a verdict, because in the crucicble you learn to know God better. God is working for the highest ends until His purpose and man's purpose become one.
An excerpt from "Sam" A mother's journey of faith.

and now another chapter of my own book.
perhaps life... has struck me hard, and i continually find myself turning the wrong corner. When i want something the most, it never is there... and perhaps my focus must change. as Connie Chung talks about needs vs wants in Econs tutorial class... i have to ask myself the same question, is my dream is just a want and not a need? And high expectations always get you disappointed whilst low ones are just not worth having. i chase the dream in hope that i'll get what i want.. and perhaps that is the most selfish thought i've had my entire life. why am i not helping others achieve their dreams, dreams so much simpler and so much easier to fulfill... why am i chasing my own dream? Why is it that I am chasing my own happiness? Even whilst i involve myself in Grant A Wish... Do i not realise my own dismeanour. I am ashamed... Even at Chess Elections, i ask myself what i do there. that even as Special Projects Head, i am doomed to fail because i believe in giving. I am nothing but a hypocrite. Its never about me.
And even in such a short while, i miss myself so much.

And the main thing that strikes me now is how much i've left my heart for those that really need it, right inside me... when it should be.. once again ... "a heart in my hand"; always being ready to give it to someone else.

and there i stand waiting... just waiting... for you who needs its most...
and there i'll stand waiting, my purpose complete, my life fulfilled....
and there i'll stand no more.... because i'm home...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home