u plan-etary magic: meeting new people. opening your eyes

plan-etary magic

crumbs, pieces, loaves.... perhaps perhaps

Name:
Location: Singapore

6th December 2006

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

meeting new people. opening your eyes

i'm back early today, from camp, there are very few people in camp as they all went for holiday to bali, i kinda miss them because they are the people that usually accompany me home, but yet perhaps i can get to know the others better now.

well i got some thoughts that bothered me today. How people have changed so much. How it was that just a few years back in secondary school; everyone was pretty much a nice person, u didn't hear about your friend screwing some girl ( or her sister ) from the club, or hearing how some people play with others' feelings, u don't hear about how girls just happily make the wrong decisions, u don't hear stuff like "why i never think of raping them" Its all wrong... its just so wrong, and i don't understand how people can let it by.

When my friend in camp today told me how he actually "got it on" with his girlfriend's best friend's sister who is only a day over 16, and how he just shrugged her off when she tried to cling on. Or like how he took this girl home... what can you say to them? Shameless? U accept it as a fact of life.... U can't blame my friend totally, u have to blame the girl for being dumb as well.

So seriously, what is the world coming to these days?

Another of my other camp friend's who i think is a really good person said " i've never met so many people like that till i came into the army." I said, perhaps its not only in the army u have people like that, they're everywhere?

Anyway, i have a wish to make. That perhaps i wish i could spend more one-on-one time with people who want to. I don't see how hanging out in groups or chatting online really build friendships, i really don't. And at the end of the day, its always these friends that matter and support u. Someone asked me why don't i talk to this other person much. I guess, i just don't talk to that person much one-on-one. Where is the closeness if all you see in the person is what u see online, or yet how do u get to know people personally if u don't talk to them about personal things? I want friends, i want really good friends that i know will last... Who will choose this same path i do? I guess, one day, u might only get to hear my voice if we're the only 2 people around. its quality time isn't it?

So tell me, perhaps i'm wrong about all this.. perhaps i'm blinded by the constraints of my own narrow-mindedness. u can never see yourself accurately in the mirror. Your mind distorts the image, whats more, right is left to you and left is right to you. Perhaps the world is topsy-turvy. but thats where all the fun begins.

For my last words, our tongue is pretty much an uncontrollable tool, but we should keep working to tame it; cleanse our mouths, purify our hearts, thats part of being a child of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home